Wednesday, December 22, 2010

SO close.

Weight: 189 pounds
Pants size: 14... but read for more details below.
NO GYM TODAY
Water: Plenty, plenty, plenty!
Breakfast: Regular coffee with cinnamon and skim milk
Lunch: Apple, diet pepsi... busy trying to get my boss out the door
Dinner: 2 small pulled pork sliders, oil & vinegar coleslaw, baked beans.
Snack: None

So, I'm trying to get ready to be Texas-bound, and there is a lot to do. So I have to be honest, I didn't make it to the gym tonight. Boo. I know. I understand if you no longer want to be my friend. But, I also didn't want to leave you folks hangin' tomorrow morning for an update.

So, this past weekend, I realized that my favorite pair of jeans had a big hole in the inner thigh. I've been wearing them for more than a year, so I'm not really surprised, but it was pretty devastating. My Mom said that she'd go out and buy me some jeans for my trip, though. So really, I got over the devastating wardrobe malfunction pretty quickly.

Well, Banana Republic has changed their denim sizes from American (10, 12, 14) to European (30s). Now, this has always confused the heck out of me (I have no idea what size pants John wears... 30-something by 30-something... but any more specific requires a phone call in the store) and apparently it's genetic, because my Mom was also confused.

Now, you would think that working in retail, the girls who work at Banana Republic would be able to do the conversion pretty quickly seeing as their job is to fold the pants, help you try on the pants, sell the pants. But alas, they did not. So, my Mom bought some jeans. I tried said jeans on. They fit, but man, they were a little bit tight in the belly area. I was absolutely panicked for a moment... I mean, I've been busting my butt. I've been hungry. I've been sweaty-- and now I was growing out of a size 14? Ridiculous! But, before we called the doctor and schedule me for another thyroid test, we decided to Google. Come to find out... she bought the equivalent of a 12. I haven't been able to button a pair of 12 pants in over a year, so that's a major milestone. But, not comfortably there yet.

So here's my plan... I'm going to keep a size 12 because obviously I'm almost there. But tomorrow, I'm going to go buy a size 14 to wear to Texas.

SO CLOSE! ... Yet so far away.

Don't worry, I'm bringing my running shoes to Texas. So maybe next time, this will be Evacuate the Cactus... or Evacuate the Cowboy Boots...

Until then, stay hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment