Thursday, December 9, 2010

Living the dream...

Heart pumpin' jam: Pretty the World, Matt Nathanson
Weight: 191 pounds
Pants Size: Still 14
Water: 70 ounces
Treadmill: 0. Elliptical: 1,700 rotations. Bike: 3 miles
Breakfast: I skipped right to lunch... bad, I know.
Lunch: 2 pieces of pork loin, steamed cauliflower, fingerling potatoes and snap peas.
Dinner: Small chicken breast, 3/4 cup of rice, spaghetti squash.
Totally unnecessary and guilt-provoking snack: 1 piece of pepperoni pizza.

Crap. I'm thinking about that piece of pizza now, man. I felt guilty as soon as I licked the last crumb off my finger. But it wasn't even my fault. It was the stupid Intern's fault. You see, it was his last day and everyone at work decided to order pizza from 'We the Pizza' -- Spike Mendohlson's joint. I said no. I went to get my healthy lunch. I ate my healthy lunch. And then, my Thursday turned into a nightmare...


My boss decided to write a resolution at the Democratic Caucus meeting this morning to prevent the White House's tax plan from reaching the House floor. He decided to hold an impromptu press conference. That means my phone starts ringing... Neil Cavuto, regular Fox News, Greta Van Susteran, NPR, the Dallas Morning News, local papers in Austin, MSNBC, CNN... they all want a piece of me. And, that means I want a piece of pizza. So I did it. I ate it.


But I think I worked it off just by my feverish typing. Or, running upstairs to the Cannon Rotunda for my boss to tape a piece for CNN's John King show. See right. I have to be honest, I love days like this, but they drain you. Absolutely drain you.

So needless to say I had quite the internal dialogue with myself about not going to the gym. But I went. And I biked. I ellipticaled. And for the first time since the start of this whole clam bake, I saw a noticeable difference when I got on the scale. Like, I could see new hashmarks to the left of the lever that I haven't seen before... progress. victory.

But I am sore. And folks, I am tired. I'm glad day 8 is finito.

So, I have to sign-off now to go to bed early... because tomorrow, I have to be at work early to walk with my boss to the Senate to do an interview with MSNBC. Tune in at 10am EST. I might try to run in front of the camera for my Mom.

Oh, and can I just say... there are a few people in my office that were debating that the best pizza in the country comes from... wait for it.... New Haven, CT. This ridiculous notion has been bothering me all day. Ok, that's all.

Nighty, night!


No comments:

Post a Comment