Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You've got a lot of strength in you yet...

Weight: 190 pounds.
Heart Pumpin' Jame: This Woman's Work-- Maxwell
Pants size: 14
Treadmill: 0. Elliptical: 3,000 rotations. Bike: 1.0 mile.
Water: Again, plenty.
Breakfast: Coffee and Water
Lunch: Turkey sandwich w/ tomato and spicy mustard. Stupid, stupid baked lays.
Dinner: Big egg white omelet w/ a little cheese and a tiny bit of sliced up ham.
Snack: None.

I would like to begin by saying the family who lives above John and I need to go to the gym instead of rolling bowling balls across the floor and jumping up and down. They sound like they could come crashing through the ceiling anytime now. It wouldn't even surprise me. Elephants.

Now, I think I actually convinced myself I was getting sick today to avoid going to the gym. That's right. I have sunk to a new level of fatty fatty fattiness.

I truly believed in my head that I had a fever, the chills, and a stuffy nose. I told myself on my ride home on the metro that if I had a fever, I didn't have to go. I was actually a little worried-- people in my office are sick-- because I'm flying out to see my very pregnant sister-in-law, brother, and nephew, and a sick visitor would neither be appreciated nor tolerated, I'm sure. So I sat shivering on the metro, thinking that no, it would not be a good idea to go to the gym tonight as I was surely on the verge of some sort of flu-death. I got home, I went right into the guest bathroom and took my temperature. 98.3. No fever. My head created illness so I didn't have to elliptical. I put on my sweats and my shoes and got my butt to the gym... because THAT is just ridiculous. Fake, mind-created sickness.

Now, I have to admit that I did a few of Britney's greatest hits... and then my iPhone threw me for a loop. Maxwell. This Woman's Work. I almost changed it, because really, it's kind of a slow jam. But, I gave it a minute. And then I gave it two. And then I hit 'repeat.'

I'd like to take a moment to digress. I know a lot of my ladies read this blog. And, I want to thank you for that. I also know that a lot of my ladies are going through some tough, hard, shitty times right now. From husbands and boyfriends leaving, to not being happy with current situations, ex-boyfriends calling and then not calling, and unhappy job/boss/co-worker situations. These are desperate times. And, I have to say that most of the time, I don't know what to say... there are so many of you who have been through so much lately and are still waking up every day and getting through. You're amazing. And, I think this is why Maxwell hit a chord with me. I know this sounds silly, but it really brought my elliptical-ing to the next level... and I was mad. I was mad at the boys (yes, take note: I said boys) who don't appreciate you, the boys who don't have the guts to put a little work into relationships, the bosses who don't know how smart and talented you are, the situations that have left you feeling a little bit hopeless. But as Maxwell said, "I know you've got a little life in you yet. I know you've got a lotta strength left."

So tonight, I want to dedicate my heart pumpin' jam to my ladies who have demonstrated the kind of strength that heroes are made of (more below the song):



How about that, ladies? I know. You want to hit someone now... or cry. Me too!

But in all seriousness, I admire your strength. And maybe while I find my strength, we can work on building it together. Whoa, it got serious in here all of a sudden. But maybe, just maybe, seriousness is what we need every once in a while.

So, let's leave it at that... goodnight and goodluck!

Now, I'm going to basque in the glory of the fact that after tomorrow, I don't have to be at work until 2011. Stoked.

Yours,
Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment