Monday, December 20, 2010

Oops... I did it again.

Weight: 190 pounds.
Heart pumpin' jam: Can't be Saved-- Senses Fail... and Britney Spears' greatest hits (and the beginning of the Bears v. Vikings game).
Pants Size: 14... but getting close to 12.
Water: PLENTY. At least 100 ounces.
Treadmill: 0. Elliptical: 3,000 rotations. Bike: 1.2 miles
Breakfast: Venti skim pumpkin spice latte. Banana.
Lunch: Small salad w/ mixed greens, chicken, fat free ranch. Diet pepsi.
Dinner: Leftover homemade split pea soup, which really can't be that bad for you seeing as it's just split peas, stock, ham, carrots, and celery. Piece of bread.
Snack (i.e., something I totally didn't need): a piece of a caramel green apple covered in snow caps.

I'm baaaaaaack. To all my dedicated readers, sorry it's been a while. I have to say, I'm very humbled by the fact I got numerous texts and facebook messages asking for an update. Apparently, Evacuate the Treadmill is all the rage (I got my body and my mind on the same page, and honey now, happiness is all the rage... name THAT band, son).

So I definitely felt like I hit a wall last week. I didn't go to the gym Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. And, I tried to use the excuse that work was nuts... which it was with the tax deal and CNN, countless amendments to strike the social security payroll tax holiday provision in the White House/Senate Republican deal, and a sick-sick-sick boss who sounded like he was going to cough up a lung at any moment. But really, I was just feeling a bit unmotivated. I had cramps. I was bloated. I was irritable. I was a damn Tampax commercial, people. And the last thing I wanted to do was sweat on that elliptical machine.

So, I suffered a minor setback. But I'm back on track, and evidently have not gained any weight to show for my laziness. Thank G-O-D. And today, I was feeling pretty motivated. Or, over-hydrated. You see, I know this water thing is part of my problem. I drink too much pop. And, the only way my body can get out all the toxins and burn all the fat is to really step-up the water drinking. So, I spent $1.93 on one of those gigantic Smart Water bottles that could drown a young child-- it's 50+ ounces, so I figure if I can drink two of those a day, I know I'm well on my way. Not to mention the water I'm sucking down before the gym, with dinner, and before I go to bed. And it's funny, when I drink that much water, I feel thinner. Though, the bathroom and I have once again gotten to know each other quite well. Quuuuuuuite well. Besties.

When I got home, the over-hydrated, false-sense of thin feeling almost threw me off my game... and I almost said "Nah, I don't need to go tonight." But, I got on the scale to remind myself that unless they come up with some scientific breakthrough to drink your way to thin, I had to go. So I went.

And man, did I elliptical. I was by myself in the gym, so I really stepped it up a notch. And, I got to 3,000 ellipticals in no time at all! Honestly, I think part of my problem was that I might have been sick of my gym music-- so I treated myself to a few new songs + Britney Spears' greatest hits on iTunes. I think it actually made a difference. And, I had the urge to do the "Hit Me Baby One More Time" while ellipticaling.

But I didn't. Who do you think I am? The gazelle (see: earlier entry)? Not a chance, folks.

So tonight was a good gym night.

On top of my newfound motivation, I have also received a book from my Mom-- "The 17 Day Diet" by Dr. Mike Moreno, which apparently is also all the rage. Dr. Phil did a whole show about it. And, I have to say... it's a smartly written book. And it's worth the money if only for the photo of the uberly attractive Dr. Mike Moreno on the back. He has a faux hawk. And, he has a crooked smile. I tell yah, if I was sitting on a table covered in paper in a blue paper gown that opens in the front, I'd have a heart attack if THAT man walked in. This is why I see female doctors. I think this is also probably why most of his female patients see him.

Okay, okay... back to the book.

The 17-day diet. I'd love to do this diet with someone--so if any of you want to go buy it, I think it's a good purchase. It's not a crazy diet-- it's changing the way you think about food/help you make real life style changes. And, it calls for only 17 minutes of cardio a day. Me likey likey.

So, the first 17-days are obviously the hardest, which is where I am now. I'd love to start it tomorrow, but with Christmas and going to Texas & New Mexico on Friday, I'm not sure that I can actually stick to it. I'll give you an example menu:

Day 1
Breakfast-- 2 scrambled egg whites, 1/2 a grapefruit, 1 cup of green tea.
Lunch-- Large green salad topped with tuna, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vingar, 1 cup of green tea.
Dinner-- Plenty of grilled chicken with liberal amounts of any begtables from the list, steamed or raw (lots to choose from but obviously mashed potatoes is not on the list).
Snacks-- 6 oz of sugarfree plain yogurt mixed with 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar-free jam or other probiotic serving (again, they give you a list), 1 serving of fruit from the list before 2:30 pm (again, big list).

This doesn't sound bad at all. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the green tea thing though-- I'm NOT a big tea fan. But, I think I can choke it down if it means someone saying, "Wow, Sarah, you look like you've lost some weight!" Bring on the tea.

So, I'm thinking that perhaps I wait until I get back from Christmas vacation to begin this given that I know my Mom (who is VERY skinny by the way... this is not a genetic problem) has ordered ham and scalloped potatoes. God, any type of potato that's sliced, diced, mashed, or covered in cheese and I am done-zo. That's the midwest-kid in me.

So, I'd like to hear your thoughts... to begin the diet or not to begin.

Just so you all know, I'm trying not to think of the giant caramel snow-cap covered apple in my fridge right now. I think I heard it say my name.

That's all for tonight folks-- I need to watch the Bears clinch the division. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS! :)

PS. Here's a thought for you-- when I was shopping with my good friend Kelly and her Mom last weekend, we went to Nordstrom Rack. Kelly was looking for some cute new underwear and we discovered that many of the cute silky/lacy/would-never-actually-let-anyone-see-me-in-one thongs are "one size fit all." One size fits all? It should say one size fits some skinny bitches who don't eat very much and need me to shove a Big Mac down their throats. One size fits all. Ha! If that doesn't make you think...

Have a great day, night, afternoon! Until tomorrow.

Love,
S.

1 comment:

  1. The Promise Ring, of course. And, uh, I'll do the 17 day diet with you...

    ReplyDelete