Wednesday, December 1, 2010

17 day diet? Must be bologna. I could eat some bologna.

Heart pumpin' jam: Just Dance... the Lady known as GaGa.
Mood: Sore.
Weight: 195 pounds.
Pant Size: Still 14.
Treadmill: None. The treadmills were taken so I went the eliptical route.
Breakfast: None (I know, I know).
Lunch: Roast turkey on whole wheat with avocado instead of mayo. 1 bag of baked lays (130 cal). Diet Coke.
Dinner: Big egg white omelette with handful of 2% cheese, tomatoes, and John's homemade salsa. Yummo if I do say so myself.

So, day 3 and I'm still going strong. Okay, strong may be a bit of an overstatement, but I'm still truckin'. It was another relatively busy high-stress day at work, so I was stoked to leave at 6 on-the-dot. But as luck would have it, there was some huge track problem on the metro so I sat a stop away from my stop for 30 minutes. It took me an hour and 40 minutes to make it home. Dagger batman. Dagger.

So, I did not really WANT to go to the gym. But as any girl on a mission from fat to fab would do, I went.

BUT...

The treadmills were taken. I was a little worried for a minute as I made the decision to switch to the hated elliptical machine. But I did it. "Let's just get this dance party over with," I thought to myself. You see, the elliptical and I have a past. A history. We haven't spoken for a long time. But tonight, we made up. And I think we might be getting back together.

It took me a while to catch my stride at first. Mostly because I was showing off. You see, there's this Mom who doesn't speak English and her overweight Asian son who is probably about 10... they usually get to the gym when I'm leaving. She pedals very slowly on the bike while flipping through the TV channels and makes her overweight Asian son do half-an-hour on the treadmill. Well, this time as I mentioned, the treadmills were taken. So the overweight Asian son had to get acquainted with the elliptical machine tonight, too. Well, I couldn't let this little butterball of a child show me up... so I was elliptical-ing like I have never elliptical-ed before. NASCAR style. I figured out really quickly that I could only keep that up for about 45 seconds before I had to slow it down. So, I slowed it down. Not to worry... the overweight Asian son ellipticals at the same speed I think my basset hound could elliptical, so my ego is still in tact.

The problem with the elliptical is it doesn't tell me how far I have gone. It tells me how long I have elliptical-ed. That was just too painful to watch, though. So I decided to go w/ the stride counter. 3,027 strides in 25 minutes. I sweated more than I did on the treadmill. So I'm thinking probably a little over 1.5 miles.

I'm sore. It works a totally different set of muscles than the treadmill. So, while we made up, I'm not sure that the elliptical and I will be monogomous.

In other news... has anyone heard of this new 17-day diet that everyone is talking about? Dr. Phil apparently thinks it's all the rage. I'm looking into it. I'll let you know what I find out.

I think once I hit day 5 with the cardio, I'm going to throw in some lunges and weights, too.

Then I'll really want to kill myself.

No, really.

And to all a goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you!! Post baby I'll be looking for inspiration I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete