Monday, December 6, 2010

The smell of underpaid labor in the evening...

Heart pumpin' jam: Punk Rock Princess, Something Corporate
Mood: Sleepy
Weight: ... TBD @ the Doctor's tomorrow morning
Pants size: Still 14... but read below
Treadmill: 1.02 miles, Elliptical: 1,527 rotations (32 minutes total)
Breakfast: Banana and Venti Skim Pumpkin Spice Latte
Lunch: Chicken satay, a tiny bit of pork, black beans, olive oil and vinegar coleslaw, diet pepsi
Dinner: Vegtable soup, water

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkk. Okay, so full disclosure: I didn't work out this weekend. I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't... but I have to tell you, I was sore all weekend. Everyone, everyone, everyone told me to take a break. I'm sure they didn't mean Friday-Sunday, but well, what can yah do.

In other news, my Mom got me new shoes! Yes! New. Work. Out. Shoes. The dogs were very impressed with them. John said, "I think they can smell the underpaid labor."

True John, true.

Have I ever mentioned that my dogs are actually part of the reason I started doing this whole fat to fab thing? You know how they say you start to look like your dog after a while? Well, I have two dogs... Horton and Blue. It just so happens that when John and I walk the dogs, I usually take Blue... he's slower. He doesn't pull as much. He eats poop. It occurred to me that this must be quite the site to passebys... John in his tall-ish, lanky glory walking Horton the tall, lanky bluetick coonhound. Me walking the stubby (this is not an insult... he's 14" tall), poky, un-athletic Basset Hound Blue. Please, no one tell Blue I said this... but I was worried that I was becoming the basset hound. When really, I need to be the Grey Hound... but cuter and less frightening.

So tonight at the gym... tonight at the gym. It was the first time since I started that I got there before 8pm... I thought this could either be good or bad. I'm not sure I want more time to workout. But, it was good. I decided that I'd do the elliptical, so I did it... for about 20 minutes and just over 1,500 spins... ellipticals... whatever the hell they are. Then, I thought... well, I'm feeling pretty good, lets make this a double-header and hit the treadmill. So I hit the treadmill. I got 1/2 a mile in when a certain wonderful Austinite called to chat. I have to be honest... I almost fell. First, when I tried to jump on the sides of the treadmill. Second, when I jumped back on thinking it was still going at my 4.0 pace when in reality, it had moved itself to a 0.0 pace. I caught myself. Barely. Much to the amusement of the guy running next to me who was unfortunately not wearing deodorant.

But, I got back on and did the last 1/2 of my mile. But man, I have to be honest... I got some pretty intense shin-splints. YES, Moooom, I stretched. But it got to the point for the last lap where I was having a pretty hard time lifting my feet. Seriously. And, when I walked back to my apartment, I looked like I was either trying to walk like a duck or make fun of an adult who is trying to learn to walk after a horrific car accident. Either way, I was hoping, wishing, praying that someone didn't see me. I got back safely. Seemingly unnoticed.

So, officially day 5 of the workout. Daaaaay 5. Pretty much like day 1, except I knew how to turn on the treadmill.

Here's an exciting update for you all though... this weekend, we went out to dinner with John's family. While I was getting dressed, I tried on my most favorite red Ann Taylor skirt that I used to wear when I was the hostess with the mostest at Ruth's Chris-- when Newt Gingrich didn't tip me for coat check (but that's a story for another time!). And guess what.

No, I didn't tear it.

I zipped it! I swear, I have never been so in love with the person who invented the zipper than right at that moment. Now, it wasn't truly wearable. Not if I was going to eat anything... or sit down. But it was close. Like, I can see Russia from my house, close.

And with that, I will leave you. And, I'll see you tomorrow. If you are lucky.

Oh, oh... we'll get an official weigh in at the doctor tomorrow morning. Not to worry... you can laugh or feel good about your own weight then!

No comments:

Post a Comment