Thursday, December 2, 2010

My workout is her warmup.

Heart pumpin' jam: ... old school ... Forgot About Dre.
Mood: Satisfied.
Weight: 194 pounds.
Pants Size: Still 14.
Treadmill: 2.02 miles.
Breakfast: Banana and Venti Skim Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Lunch: Grilled chicken and zucchini pita with lemon yogurt sauce (377 calories), diet pepsi.
Dinner: 5 pieces of turkey breast, corn, green beans, spinach.

My feet feel like like lead weights. Big, fat lead weights.

I had another run in with a fast food breakfast sandwich this morning on the orange line. The metro was packed and I was sitting... the woman who was standing 3 inches from my face was holding an Arby's bag. I think I would have been satisfied just eating the brown paper bag. She stood there for almost my entire metro ride... I hope her sandwich was cold.

Today was actually a strangely great day at work. There was a lot going on and it all went fast. I made vote recommendations, wrote a floor speech, 3 statements, coordinated an interview with a reporter, and made a discovery on some issue that we were having some trouble with. And, I just got the go-ahead to begin a re-design on our (awful) website with a company that I love. The big guy & medium guy loved my ideas... or they were too busy to mount a convincing counterargument... which is rare. I love that kind of big project... so the next few weeks should be hectic and wonderful. And at the end of it all, maybe I'll get an 'atta boy. Even if I don't, the fact that people will be able to go to our website and realize that we have a Twitter and Facebook account will be satisfaction enough. Okay, I'm actually shooting for a platnium mouse award. It's a nerdy Hill thing... the equivalent of winning the spelling bee in the 5th grade. The word 'judiciary' still haunts me to this day.

I didn't leave until 6:45, and I was thinking that maybe this was my out. But, when I got home, I found my sports bra, my Chicago bears sweatpants, and a tshirt and ran out the door before the dogs could even realize in their pig-ear haze that I was home.

I learned something tonight: I love being the only one in the gym. I can turn on whatever I want on the good treadmill in front of the big TV and I can mouth the words to "Forgot About Dre" while watching some Christmas special on ABC.

I was about 1/2 a mile in when I heard the gym door slam... it almost scared me off the treadmill. But what I saw was far scarier. 6 foot tall, 115 pound, and blonde hair. No folks, not Paris Hilton... perhaps the best looking female I have ever seen in real life that lives in my apartment complex.

Have I mentioned John is no longer allowed outside of our apartment without a chaperone?

My stomach immediately sank when she began to stretch near the only other treadmill, which just happened to be right next to me. And let me just tell you, her stretch made my stretch look like a trip. I have never seen someone with legs that long. They went up to my shoulders. She got on the treadmill-- wearing, of course, leggings and a sports bra -- and started to walk at exactly my pace. For a moment, I was thrilled... we could walk the same pace the whole time. My little stubby legs could keep up with the gazelle!

No. Silly me.

My full-speed jog/speed walk was her warm up. She proceeded to go faster and faster until I could see through the corner of my eye she was running at an 8 minute mile pace. Suddenly, I felt like I was in a Baywatch commercial. And no, this was not my doublemint twin. Now, I figured she was just showing off. But, no, she kept running... perfect pace the whole time. Then, she began texting. Now, I have trouble speed walking and changing the song on my iPhone. I have to hang on for dear life. Not the gazelle. She could probably run an 8 minute mile, write a novel on her phone, and floss all at the same time.

Bitch.

So today, instead of concentrated on how far I was going, I decided to go as far as I could without dying in 30 minutes. It ended up being just a little more than 2 miles. Which is great... only that when I got off the treadmill I almost fell flat on the floor... my legs felt like jelly. It was a pretty long walk back up to my apartment.

But, I did day 4. And I'm alive. And actually a few pounds lighter.

I'm thinking maybe I've caught my stride... and while it may not be as long and graceful as the gazelle's, it's mine.

Okay, that was a pretty Grey's Anatomy-like ending.

To steal a bomb-diggity ending... Dohl OUT.

Oh, wait... wait... I think I am going to take tomorrow off. I'm either going to work out tomorrow and take Saturday off or vice versa. I'll letcha party people know.

See yah when I see yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment