Thursday, January 6, 2011

Grey's is back!

Weight: 188 pounds
Pants size: 14, but I haven't tried on anything smaller.
Heart pumpin' jam: Grey's Anatomy is back! No music needed.
Breakfast: Hot lemon water, activia yogurt, green tea
Lunch: Lettuce wraps with chicken, tomatoes, 2% cheese, and fat-free sour cream.
Snack: grapes, apple, pickles, green tea.
Dinner: Taco salad-- mixed lettuce, tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, ground turkey, 2 Tbsp. zesty catalina dressing.
Elliptical: None today, 3,000 yesterday. Bike: None today, 2 miles yesterday.

That's right-- I didn't go to the gym tonight. I decided that since I think part of my lack of progress stems from not going Friday-Sunday, I will take Thursdays off (since Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice are on-- mega yay!) and got at least once Friday-Sunday-- hopefully twice. I know, I'm a little worried too.

I have to be honest, 188 is good, but I'm a little disappointed in my progress. This weight loss thing is not working as quickly as it did when I was essentially starving myself and working full-time bartending at Unos between graduation college and starting work at Accenture. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months. Now, we're closing in on the month mark-- in fact, I think we might have passed it, and I've only lost maybe 10 pounds. Granted, we had Christmas dinner thrown in there with a week long vacation to the Mexican food/BBQ capital of the world. I thought I'd be at least 20 down by this point. Maybe it's coming... but it's too early to be hitting a wall, right?

I'm just having an off night. Yesterday was a good day at the gym... 2 miles on the elliptical, 2 miles on the bike. My eating has been spot-on. I broke down and had a diet pepsi tonight. And, boy, was it a good diet pepsi.

So, I think this weekend will be the test... no eating out, no carbs, no snacks, no goldfish while watching a movie at 1 a.m., no wine. Wait, no wine? Mom, this first 17 days would not even be possible for you! Ha!

But, we'll see... and I hope to update at least once this weekend... so stay tuned.

This is definitely far more up and down of a journey than I hoped! Let's just be skinny already.

Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment