Monday, January 3, 2011

Cute Without the E (Cut from the Team)

Weight: 193 pounds
Pants Size: 14
Heart Pumpin' Jam: See Title. Taking Back Sunday.
Treadmill: 0. Elliptical: 3,100 rotations at 10.1-11.0 calories a minute. Bike: 0.
Breakfast: Activa yogurt, apple, green tea, water.
Lunch: Homemade chicken lettuce wraps.
Snack: Probiotic cottage cheese, apple, green tea, water.
Dinner: Big egg white, spinach, tomato, 2% cheese fritatta, water.

How 'bout them apples? Literally.

Quote of the day from my newest blog reader, Curtis: "I was a barista. Drinking a pumpkin spice latte is like eating a piece of cake. Sorry."

Thought in my head: "Damn, I could have had cake?"

The sad part is that I was a barista too. I knew that pumpkin spice lattes, skim or not were not good for me. But were they sabatoging my diet/workout routine? I guess we'll never know. But here's the good news: the season for pumpkin spice lattes is done-zo. So I'll either be drinking it with skim milk and my new Truvia natural plant-based sweet packets, or I won't be drinking it at all. For the Congressman's sake, I hope it's the former.

So day 1 of the 17 day diet? Fine. I was actually so busy today at work after being gone for so long that I had to constantly remind myself it was time to eat or drink something. But I did it. I'm hoping tomorrow will be okay-- I'm sure I'll be ready to eat the Congressman. Or, that piece of cake. But, I'm sticking with it. My head is in the right place.

Tonight at the gym was good-- despite the fact I thought my entire apartment complex would still be going strong with their New Year's Resolutions on January 3rd, I was alone in the gym. So, I have to be honest... I sang a little bit while I did my e-e-llipticaling. Taking Back Sunday. Brittney's Greatest Hits MegaMix-- chicka, chicka, what?

It was fun... but then I remembered something I read that said if you can sing while you work out, you're not working out hard enough. So, for a minute, I just tried to pretend to myself that I was out of breath. But then, I thought like Nike. "Just do it, Sarah. Just do it." So, I did it. I turned up the resistance to 4. Now, this was pretty hard, but I quickly discovered that the little calorie burner counter jumped BIG numbers when I turned it to 4. I burned way more calories in less time just by making it a tiny bit harder. Ha! Take that elliptical.

I also have to tell you that I found a hillarious part of the '17 Day Diet' book. I will share with you. They call it 'Sabatoging Remarks and How to Respond.' I'm going to memorize a few of these word-for-word and just hope that I get to use it sometime soon:

Saboteur: You're wasting away. Are you sure you aren't losing too much too fast?
You: It seems that something about me being slim is concerning you, or frightening you, or upsetting you. But for me, my weight loss is a good and healthy thing.

Saboteaur: Here, one doughnut left, want it?
You: I really am working hard (bitch). I'm feeling great, and it would be nice to have your support. Is there anything I can do to help you give me that?

Okay, I'll save the rest for later... but that might be the funniest thing I have ever read.

The other advice that cracked me up? Well, apparently when women get married, they often gain weight because men eat more and crappier than they can/do. The advice? "Ask your husband to hide his junk food on a shelf you can't reach."

I swear to God, I'm a genius... because I can tell you for a fact that right now, I have a tin of holiday cookies/fudge/strangely colored gingerbread men on the top of my kitchen cabinets. I've woken up twice in the middle of the night to come enjoy a little holiday snack and just stared at the tin longingly. One time, I actually tried to reach it on a chair and couldn't. And then I realized it was 3 in the morning and I was standing on a chair to reach cookies. I should be ashamed of myself. But unless you're Shaq, it works.

Perhaps some of you can use that advice. Take it, leave it, love it.

So, I hope you all are enjoying the New Year... I can't believe it's already time to go to bed!

Oh, one final thought for you. Remember how I told you I have to wake up early to drink a hot cup of water with 1/2 a lemon's juice in it? Whoever wrote that doesn't brush their teeth. It's hard enough to actually drink this concoction. When I brushed my teeth after, I thought I was going to die.

Dr. Moreno, I'll get you back for that one.

Here's to Day 2! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment