Monday, November 29, 2010

Evacuate the Treadmill

Heart pumpin' jam: Evacuate the Dancefloor, Cascada

Mood: Hungry

Weight: 197 pounds

I cannot believe I just typed that number. My worst fear is that someone finds out that number. Epic, epic fail.

So, welcome to my weight loss blog: Evacuate the Treadmill... obviously named after the jam that started this aforementioned journey. This blog is really less about blogging and more about accountability... and my pants, which have been screaming for dear life as of late.

That's right folks. Screaming pants. Accountability. If that's not the formula for success, I'm not sure what is.

I have to be honest... this weight thing has been weighing on my mind a lot lately. No stupid, cliche pun intended. I think about it when I get dressed in the morning and try on 3 skirts, a dress, and 2 pairs of pants before I settle on something. I think about it when I see a thin girl on the metro. I think about it on planes. On trains. In automobiles.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still one of the damn best dressed people I have ever seen, but I mean... I'd be unstoppable if I were more light as a feather and less thick as a board.

So today I woke up thinking, "Sarah... today you will eat less. Today, you will walk more. Today, you will sweat like you've never sweated before... or not for many pieces of cake ago." Yes, I think in pithy litanies. I'm a speechwriter for Pete's sake. Now, I often wake up with thoughts like these... but rarely follow through. But today, I did! Points for me!

So here we go... full disclosure.

Treadmill: 1.5 miles, nothing else. Good start.

Breakfast: 1 Venti Skim Pumpkin Spice Latte

Lunch: Green beans, 1 cup of mashed potatoes, 1/2 a cup of pot roast (epic fail)

Dinner: Garden Salad with 2 Tbsp. light zesty catalina dressing, blueberry yogurt

So today is day 1. Day 1. How do I feel? Hungry. H-U-N-G-R-Y.

Day 2... here we go. If I can walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment